onsdag, januari 04, 2006

Baileys diskografi är voluminös. Trots det påstod han att han aldrig riktigt förstod detta med att lyssna på skivor:
[...] the whole culture of listening to records I don't understand. Where do you look? Do you stare at a wall when you listen to records? Normally, what do record buyers do? Do they buy the record, take it home, put it on for the next ... I mean, they can last for 74 minutes! Do they sit there for 74 minutes, they don't do the dishes, just sit and look at something, or closer their eyes?

If you could only play a record once, imagine the intensity you'd have to bring to the listening! In the same way that if I play something I can only play it once. There might be a great similarity between each time I play, but I cannot repeat what I play. If you could only listen to it once, don't you think it might concentrate the eardrums?